Long Term and Respite Care.
from £150.77 per night (2019 Rates).
In 2003 Guernsey Social Security Authority implemented a non means tested benefit scheme; funded by compulsory contributions from ETI Contributions. Whereby if you have been resident in Guernsey for 5 years (you must have been resident in Guernsey for 1 year immediately prior to admission) you will be automatically entitled to receive this Benefit. This benefit negates the necessity for Residents to sell their family home to fund Nursing or Residential Care.
To receive this benefit you must be in possession of a Needs Assessment Panel Certificate (NAPS) from the Health and Social Security Department.
The Benefit payable for 2019 is £121.42 per night. A co-payment of £29.35 per night will be payable by all residents. If you are unable to pay this co-payment i.e. if you do not receive a full Guernsey Old Age Pension you may be entitled to receive Income Support.
What is Included in this fee?
What is not included?
- Full board accommodation; with cleaning of the room and communal areas
- All Meals and Drinks including some alcoholic beverages.
- Provision of 24 hr Care by Registered Nurses and Auxiliaries (staffing levels guidelines are followed as set by The Inspectorate)
- Laundry (exc. Dry cleaning)
- General Insurance
- St Johns Ambulance Scheme Insurance
For full details of the Long Term Care Insurance Scheme details please go to the States of Guernsey website by
- Chiropodist fees, Physiotherapist and other therapies that are not in-house
- Hairdressing, Doctor's/Dentist's fees, Toiletries, stationary, Personal newspaper, Taxis
- Incontinence materials, Non prescription medicine